San Luis Obispo Chamber of Commerce
The San Luis Obispo Chamber of Commerce is the oldest and largest voluntary organization in San Luis Obispo and Santa Barbara counties. As an independent nonprofit corporation (not affiliated with government or any other agency), we uniquely serve the needs of our 1,400+ members.
For more than 108 years, we've been dedicated to a single goal: enhancing the economic health of the San Luis Obispo area and the prosperity of our members.
Our philosophy is simple. We believe more business is good for existing business, an attractive and viable city attracts more business activity, and this additional activity benefits every business person and resident.
We succeed thanks to active, motivated volunteer business leaders supported by a highly regarded professional staff. This potent combination does what no service club, government agency nor individual business could accomplish alone: enhance and promote San Luis Obispo as a place to do business and enjoy life.
In addition, we stay true to a few core values that we believe keep San Luis Obispo a special community.
- Keep San Luis Obispo one of the world's greatest places to live and work.
- Keep existing businesses prosperous and selectively attract new ones.
- Attract more high-paying head-of-household jobs.
- Protect air quality, open space and sense of community.
- Develop future community leadership.
- Promote high-quality education.
- Help businesses understand and embrace diversity.
- Have San Luis Obispo grow in a manner consistent with protecting community character and quality of life.