Local public relations and marketing firm Barnett Cox & Associates swept the county competition this week with eight awards from the American Advertising Federation in Santa Barbara for creative and thought provoking marketing – the most awards given to any San Luis Obispo County firm for 2012. AAF made the announcement at its annual ADDY Awards ceremony Wednesday, March 13.
The Coastal California ADDY competition is open to entrants from San Luis Obispo, Santa Barbara and Ventura counties, plus the portion of Los Angeles County that includes Westlake and Agoura. The competition attracts some 50,000 entries each year.
BCA won three silver ADDY Awards:
• California Mid-State Fair billboard campaign
• Cal Poly Sustainability Report, four-color collateral annual report category
• BarnettCox.com, digital advertising for self promotion category
BCA also took home five bronze ADDY Awards, the most awarded to a single firm for the region, for the following projects:
• Morro Bay Tourism campaign
• Heritage Oaks Bank ‘Strength in Numbers’ commercial
• Hospice Concours program for Hospice SLO
• Sierra Vista Regional Medical Center ‘Hello World’ Birth Center billboard
• Scarecrows Visitor’s Guide for the Cambria Scarecrow Festival
“It’s great fun and quite gratifying when our client work is recognized as excellent by our own industry peers,” said Maggie Cox, CEO of BCA. “Marketing professionals have a reputation for being tough judges.”