Whether you’re looking to join our efforts to grow the economy and serve as a voice for the community, or you want to build relationships in the business community, we exist to serve you.
Since 1904 the SLO Chamber has served our members and the community with timely advocacy, informational forums, educational events, promotional opportunities and a thorough understanding of the community supported by our extensive committee structure.
It is through our committees that all public policy position and decisions are thoroughly vetted and created. By reaching out to members, community leaders and local activists each issue is thoughtfully considered before our Board of Directors discusses and takes any action.
Committees are just one of the many ways that members can participate, make a difference and become more involved in the community.
Members can also:
- Network with community and business leaders at our monthly Membership Mixers
- Expose your business to more the more than 76,000 people who enter our Visitor Center annually
- Attend Good Morning San Luis Obispo—your community newspaper brought to life—our monthly breakfast program
- Promote your business to more than 3,500 locals at the EXPO at the Expo
- Have access to the Candidates and get an employment law update during a Legislative Lunch
- Get informed on local legislation and business news with the e-Newsletter
- Hear directly from state leaders at the State of the State event
- Learn, be inspired and build relationships with Insight Studio, our business education series
- Promote your business with e-Flyers, a Soapbox, an ad in the Visitors Guide or Relocation and Referral Guide, or on some of the highest trafficked websites in the county
- Be included on the Official City/County Wine and Beer Map
It is our belief that quality of life makes for a thriving business community and in turn, a successful community and happy residents.
We work to create the best possible environment for people to live, raise their families and pursue their passions in the place they love.