Since 1905, the San Luis Obispo Chamber of Commerce has been dedicated to serving our membership through work to enhance the economic prosperity and community well-being of San Luis Obispo County. Our focus is on creating the best possible environment for people to live, raise their families and pursue their passions in the place they love.
We connect the business community with ideas, inspiration and each other, bringing people together to shape the place we love.
We succeed thanks to highly engaged volunteers supported by a team of professional staff. This potent combination does what no service club, government agency or individual business could accomplish alone: enhance and promote San Luis Obispo as a place to do business and enjoy life.
In addition, we stay true to a few principles that we believe keep San Luis Obispo one of the world’s greatest places to live and work.
- Keep existing businesses prosperous and selectively attract new companies.
- Attract more high-paying head-of-household jobs.
- Protect air quality, open space and sense of community.
- Develop future community leadership.
- Promote high-quality education.
- Help businesses understand and embrace diversity.
- Grow San Luis Obispo in a manner consistent with protecting community character and quality of life.
We invite you to get engaged; be an active participant in and caretaker of the place you have chosen to build your life.