Your community newspaper brought to life.
Good Morning SLO is our platform for sharing ideas, news and inspiration. A monthly breakfast program that sits community leaders, business owners, nonprofit executives and staffers at the same table, and enables us to reconnect, engage and learn from each other.
Our goal is to provide insight into business, community and legislative issues and share the stories of those making a difference. We want audience members to leave with ideas and information about how to better their personal and professional lives.
Good Morning SLO happens on the fourth Thursday of every month except November when it is on the Tuesday before Thanksgiving. There is no Good Morning SLO in December.
Doors open at 7 a.m. for networking and the program starts promptly at 7:30 a.m.
300 local business and community leaders attend the Chamber’s monthly Good Morning San Luis Obispo breakfast each month. There are a variety of ways you can showcase your business at Good Morning SLO:
- Starting in 2017, members can sponsor the year-long program. Benefits of a sponsorship include:
- The opportunity to open one program with a three-minute soapbox, a reserved table of eight with your business name, and verbal recognition from the emcee that month.
- Business logo featured at the welcome table each month
- Business logo featured on all Good Morning SLO marketing materials including two monthly emails, with a list of 3,200 recipients, for a minimum of 22 emails.
- Business logo featured on the Good Morning SLO event on the slochamber.org
- Four annual passes to attend each of the 11 Good Morning SLO programs
- The opportunity to distribute fliers at each of the 11 Good Morning SLO programs
For more information contact Ermina Karim at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Members can buy their way onto the stage through a two-minute “soapbox,” at a cost of $145.00. This includes one ticket to the breakfast program, two minutes on stage, distribution of 100 flyers on the registration table as attendees leave the event and in the Visitor Center for one week, and digital flyer distribution sent to the 300 attendees on the morning of the breakfast. Soapbox presenters also have the option of hosting a Promotional Table in the courtyard for an additional $50.00. See below for more information on Soapboxes.
- Members can purchase real estate on one of four Promotional Tables, (one inside, three outside) for $100. The tables are available before and after the Good Morning SLO program and are for promotional purposes only – sale items do not apply.
- Distribute your material at Good Morning SLO and in the Visitor Center with a Flyer. For $75 members can have their Flyers available at the registration table as attendees leave event, as well as prominently featured in the SLO Chamber Visitor Center for one week, and emailed to that month’s Good Morning SLO attendees on the morning of the event
Spaces are limited. Contact michelle@SLOChamber.org if you would like to reserve a soapbox, or distribute flyers.
Parking is available in the Marsh Street structure on Chorro Street between Marsh and Pacific streets or around the park. Do not park in the surrounding business’ parking lots (including the Senior Center).
Click here to read the Chambers event policy.
Soapbox Information and Guidelines
The third Thursday of every month 280-300 local business and community leaders wake up early for this fun, informative, high-energy breakfast program to network with friends and fellow business people.
Soapboxes are available exclusively to Chamber members and are essentially two-minute commercial spots in our 90 minute program. Organizations can promote in any way they want: do a memorable skit, use costumes and props, or simply talk for two minutes about their business or upcoming event. Audience members look forward to being entertained and informed, and they really enjoy (and are likely to remember) the soapboxes that are presented in a creative, energetic manner. Here is a link to some past examples, for inspiration.
Soapboxes are $145, and include:
- Two minutes at the podium for a promotional message
- One breakfast registration
- The ability to put a promotional flyer on each seat (we recommend bringing 280 flyers)
In order to prepare for your soapbox, please read the following guidelines:
- Soapboxes are two minutes long.
- Please arrive no later than 7:00 a.m. the morning of the program to check in, learn where your soapbox is on the agenda, and begin passing out seat flyers.
- If you plan to pass out flyers, please only place your flyers on the chairs or they will be moved. Publications are not flyers; if you plan to distribute a publication please contact the Chamber directly before the day of the event to create a distribution plan.
- Please notify the Chamber a week before the event if someone other than you is going to be speaking on behalf of the organization so they can introduce them correctly.
- Due to the short time frame of soapboxes, use video or PowerPoint is not permitted. You are welcome to use an audio CD; please inform the Chamber at least the day before if you plan to use a CD.
- Your soapbox includes one breakfast registration (for the person delivering your soapbox). You must register additional attendees for breakfast by 5:00 p.m. the Tuesday before the event.
Soapboxes are reserved on a first-come, first-served basis. Contact the Chamber to reserve your soapbox at SLOChamber@SLOChamber.org
Thank you to our Annual Sponsors:
Thank you to our 2017 Caterer: