Your community newspaper brought to life.
Good Morning SLO is our platform for sharing ideas, news and inspiration. A monthly breakfast program that sits community leaders, business owners, nonprofit executives and staffers at the same table, and enables us to reconnect, engage and learn from each other.
Our goal is to provide insight into business, community and legislative issues and share the stories of those making a difference. We want audience members to leave with ideas and information about how to better their personal and professional lives.
Good Morning SLO happens on the fourth Thursday of every month except November when it is on the Tuesday before Thanksgiving. There is no Good Morning SLO in December.
Doors open at 7 a.m. for networking and the program starts promptly at 7:30 a.m.
Parking is available in the Marsh Street structure on Chorro Street between Marsh and Pacific streets or around Mitchell Park. Please do not park in the surrounding business’ parking lots (including the Senior Center).
Click here to read the Chambers event policy.
With a Good Morning SLO Annual Pass, you won’t have to miss a single morning with us in 2020.
All of our 2019 programs sold out, so be sure to reserve your spot now! The pass grants you guaranteed access to all 11 programs, and ensures that you’ll never miss out.
Nearly 300 local business and community leaders attend the Chamber’s Good Morning SLO breakfast each month. There are a variety of ways you can showcase your business at Good Morning SLO:
- Be a Good Morning SLO Sponsor. Benefits of a sponsorship include:
- The opportunity to open one program with a three-minute soapbox, a reserved table of eight with your business name, and verbal recognition from the emcee that month
- Business logo featured at the welcome table each month
- Business logo featured on all Good Morning SLO marketing materials including two monthly emails, with a list of 3,200 recipients
- Business logo featured on the Good Morning SLO event on the slochamber.org
- Four annual passes to attend each of the 11 Good Morning SLO programs
- The opportunity to distribute flyers at each of the 11 Good Morning SLO programs
- Members can buy their way onto the stage through a two-minute “soapbox,” at a cost of $225. This includes one ticket to the breakfast program, two minutes on stage, distribution of flyers on the registration table as attendees leave the event and in the Visitor Center for one week, and digital flyer distribution sent to the 300 attendees on the morning of the breakfast. Soapbox presenters also have the option of hosting a Promotional Table in the courtyard for an additional $65 if utilized on the same day as the soapbox. See below for more information on Soapboxes.
- Members can purchase real estate on a promotional table for $135 any month they choose based on availability. The tables are available before and after the Good Morning SLO program.
- Distribute your material at Good Morning SLO and in the Visitor Center with a digital flyer. For $85, members can have their flyers available at the registration table as attendees leave event, emailed to that month’s Good Morning SLO attendees on the morning of the event, and prominently featured in the SLO Chamber Visitor Center for one week following the event.
Spaces are limited. Contact michelle@SLOChamber.org if you would like to reserve a soapbox, table, or to be included in the digital flyer distribution.
Soapbox Information and Guidelines
The fourth Thursday of every month nearly 300 local business and community leaders wake up early for this fun, informative, high-energy breakfast program to network with friends and fellow business people.
Soapboxes are available exclusively to Chamber members and are essentially two-minute commercial spots in our 90 minute program. Organizations can promote in any way they want: do a memorable skit, use costumes and props, or simply talk for two minutes about their business or upcoming event. Audience members look forward to being entertained and informed, and they really enjoy (and are likely to remember) the soapboxes that are presented in a creative, energetic manner. Here is a link to some past examples, for inspiration.
Soapboxes are $225, and include:
- Two minutes at the podium for a promotional message
- One breakfast registration
- The ability to have your digital flyer sent to the 300 attendees on the morning of the breakfast
- distribution of flyers on the registration table as attendees leave the event and in the Visitor Center for one week following the event
- six months between soapbox bookings to ensure fairness for all our Chamber members
In order to prepare for your soapbox, please read the following guidelines:
- Soapboxes are two minutes long
- Please arrive no later than 7 a.m. the morning of the program to check in, learn where your soapbox is on the agenda, and hand your flyers to any Chamber staff member at check-in to distribute on the registration table
- Please send your digital flyer and link to landing page of your choice to Michelle Axberg (email@example.com ) no later than the Thursday before Good Morning SLO
- Please notify the Chamber a week before the event if someone other than you is going to be speaking on behalf of the organization so they can be correctly introduced
- Due to the short time frame of soapboxes, use video or PowerPoint is not permitted. You are welcome to use an audio CD; please inform the Chamber at least the day before if you plan to use a CD
- Your soapbox includes one breakfast registration (for the person delivering your soapbox). You must register additional attendees for breakfast, including employees manning your promotional courtyard table
Soapboxes are reserved on a first-come, first-served basis. Contact the Chamber to reserve your soapbox at Michelle@SLOChamber.org
Thank you to our 2020 Annual Sponsors:
Thank you to our caterer:
Thank you to our waitstaff: