As the Voice of business, to promote the economic and community well-being of San Luis Obispo.
In 2020, San Luis Obispo will:
- Be a community that encourages businesses to start and thrive here because its business-friendly values, strong environmental ethic, diverse creative-class employee base and active connection with Cuesta College and Cal Poly education and innovation.
- Provide an abundance of meaningful jobs for residents of various skill and educational levels.
- Nurture a growing number of primary, hear-of-household jobs in future-oriented businesses.
- Support a vibrant downtown, with a diverse mix of businesses, including offices, restaurants, retail and entertainment.
- Encourage other successful outlying business districts as well as friendly, walkable residential neighborhoods.
- Continue to promote world-class educational, cultural and recreational opportunities.
- Remain a compact, prosperous and safe city surrounded by viable agriculture and protected open space, with easy access to our beautiful natural environment.
Click here to view our Economic Vision Document