The Chamber’s Board of Directors establishes policy and direction to ensure that the Chamber’s mission and strategic vision are achieved and member needs are best served.
Composed of 21 local business and community leaders, 19 of whom are elected by the membership to serve staggered two-year terms, one is a designated member, and one is appointed for a one-year term by the Chair of the Board.
The Board of Directors meets monthly on the third Thursday of the month and the Chair of the Board presides over all meetings. The Executive Committee exercises the powers of the Board between Board meetings, including leadership in key areas of the Chamber.
The Executive Committee consists of the Chair of the Board, Treasurer, Board Counsel, Past Chairperson of the Board and Vice Chairs of the main divisions of the Chamber, Economic Development, Legislative Affairs, Membership and Vision.
The committees, councils and task forces of the Chamber serve as advisory bodies and provide guidance to the Board of Directors. This input does not become Chamber policy or action without Board approval.
Your 2021 Board of Directors
- Joe Benson, Carmel & Naccasha, LLP
- Brad Brechwald, Wallace Group
- Jeff Buckingham, Digital West
- Cheryl Cuming, Highway 1 Discovery Route
- Jessica Darin, Cal Poly
- Kelly Donohue, Wilshire Health & Community Services
- Tim Dossa, Glenn Burdette
- Courtney Haile, R.A.C.E. Matters SLO
- LeBren Harris, Hampton Inn & Suites SLO
- Bryan Idler, Idler’s Home
- Dave Juhnke, McCormick Barstow, LLP
- Brendan Morris, Morris & Garritano Insurance
- Stephanie Stackhouse, SLO Yoga Center
- Dr. Jill Stearns, Cuesta College
- Jessica Steely, Semmes & Co. Builders, Inc.
- Liz Summer, SESLOC Federal Credit Union
- Hillary Trout, iFixit
- Mary Verdin, Verdin
- Wendy Wendt, First 5 SLO County
- Phyllis Wong, Modern Broker, Inc.
- Leigh Woolpert, Biddle Ranch Vineyard
Chairperson of the Board
Jessica Steely, Semmes & Co. Builders, Inc.
Immediate Past Chairperson of the Board
Hillary Trout, iFixit
Vice-Chair, Legislative Affairs
Joe Benson, Carmel & Naccasha, LLP
Vice-Chair, Economic Development
Brad Brechwald, Wallace Group
Vice-Chair, Membership Services
LeBren Harris, Hampton Inn & Suites SLO
Jeff Buckingham, Digital West
Liz Summer, SESLOC Federal Credit Union
Dave Juhnke, McCormick Barstow, LLP