– The appointment of the following 10 individuals to serve on the Citizens’ Oversight Committee (COC). The COC will inform the public on the District’s Measure L expenditures, review Measure L expenditure reports, and present annual written reports to the Board of Trustees.
- Pamela Avila, business representative
- David Booker, at-large representative
- Daniel Cadwell, student representative
- Gayla Chapman, at-large representative
- Susan Dressler, at-large representative
- Ann Grant, taxpayer organization representative
- Scott Lathrop, at-large representative
- Patrick O’Hara, at-large representative
- Timothy Roche, senior citizens group representative
- Anneka Scranton, support organization representative
– The Board of Trustees reached consensus to not limit the types of construction firms that can be hired to complete the work of Measure L projects. The district will not pursue a project-labor agreement (PLA) for bond projects, allowing for the hiring of either union or non-union firms. Over the past few months, the Board heard presentations that were pro, con and neutral to PLA agreements.
– Approval of the proposed services agreement with Kitchell Construction for initial bond program mobilization services. Kitchell Construction will provide interim services until a bond program manager is selected through a Request for Proposal process.
– Approval of the proposed project assignment between the District and Blach Construction for the interim housing project, which will temporarily replace the non-compliant modular space on both the San Luis Obispo and North County campuses while the permanent Instructional Building (SLO Campus) and Campus Center (North County Campus) are built.
– Approval of the project assignments between the District and Blach Construction for the roofing and HVA/C projects on the SLO Campus. The project will replace failing roof and HVA/C systems on the 1100, 4200, 4500 and 4600 structures.