San Luis Obispo has launched a citywide social media competition that encourages residents to get out, get creative and show how they are supporting the local community. The #SLOready Social Media Challenge asks residents of San Luis Obispo to submit photos or videos via social media participating in four different activities while tagging @ShareSLO and #SLOready. The challenge begins August 3, 2020 and runs through the entire month. On September 1, one person will be randomly selected to win a grand prize staycation package.
How to enter:
Step 1: Take a photo or video of yourself supporting SLO by completing any or all (each post gains you one entry) of the below activities:
- Exploring SLO’s many open spaces and outdoor experiences
- Shopping in store or online at a SLO retailer. Check out SLO’s virtual shopping map to get inspired
- Dining outdoors or getting takeout from a SLO City restaurant. Check out SLO’s virtual takeout/delivery map for options
- Posing in your favorite San Luis Obispo location while sporting a face covering/practicing safe social distancing
Step 2: Post photos/video on your social media and be sure to #SLOready, tag @ShareSLO as well as the business you’re supporting. Submit your post(s) to be entered into the #SLOready Challenge grand prize giveaway by emailing promotions@VisitSLO.com as proof of completion. If your social media profile is public, you can email a link to your post(s). If your profile is private, email screenshots of your completed post.
One lucky winner who showed how they are #SLOready will be randomly chosen on September 1 for an ultimate staycation package. The package includes:
- Drinks for two at Granada Hotel & Bistro
- Dinner for two at Luna Red + a $50 Marketplace gift card
- A two-night stay at Hotel Cerro + breakfast for two at Brasserie SLO
- Yoga for two with SLO Yoga Center
To learn more about the challenge and see specific rules and regulations, head to https://visitslo.com/slo-ready-challenge/.
ABOUT SAN LUIS OBISPO
On California’s famous Highway 1, halfway between Los Angeles and San Francisco, lies a town nestled between rolling hills and the coast – San Luis Obispo. Basking in a perfect Mediterranean climate year-round, San Luis Obispo, commonly known as SLO, has a charming downtown full of unique boutiques and restaurants in addition to the beautifully preserved Spanish Mission at the heart of the city. With its laid-back, relaxed lifestyle, no one is in a hurry, and certainly, no one is in any rush to leave.