As the calendar rolls over to 2019, so does a new set of laws governing California workplaces – even those with just one employee.
Whether you are a small business owner, HR professional, new manager or anything in between, you will learn how to navigate complex and potentially confusing legislation at our annual Employment Law Update.
Employment law attorney Susan Waag of LightGabler will present an informative legal update for the new year. Among the key topics she’ll cover:
- Numerous “#MeToo” laws, including new requirements for sexual harassment training
- Background check and criminal history regulation changes
- Minimum wage increases (yes, again) and overtime updates
- Salary history ban clarifications
- Contractor vs. employee classification under new “ABC” rules
- Paid family leave amendments
- Women board members for California-based companies
Seating is limited; registration is on a first-come, first-served basis.
Price includes program and lunch.
Susan Waag, LightGabler
Don’t yet have your 2019 Labor Law Poster?
It’s mandatory for all California employers. The SLO Chamber offers one convenient poster with all the state and federal notices employers are required to display throughout the year in a central location.
Your order includes a free mid-year update. Posters will be sent once state/federal changes are finalized. Employ Spanish-speakers? You will need to order a Spanish version.
Order here or call (805) 781-2777 for more information.