The San Luis Obispo Chamber of Commerce Visitor Center is looking for excited engaging individuals to join our team to greet visitors and share information on various attractions, activities, lodging and restaurants. You will have the opportunity to share everything you love about San Luis Obispo with our visitors!
- Assisting and greeting locals and visitors
- Referring Chamber of Commerce member businesses
- Selling merchandise
- Updating the SLO Chamber of Commerce community events calendar
- Responding to visitor inquires via e-mail and phone call
- Other duties as assigned
To be successful in this position, candidates must:
- Have a friendly attitude and exceptional people skills
- Be knowledgeable about San Luis Obispo County
- Be proficient Windows, MS PowerPoint, Excel and Word
- Be very organized
- Have scheduling flexibility
- Have the ability to lift 40 lbs. or more
The Visitor Center is open seven days a week 362 days a year from 9:30 a.m. -5 p.m. Sunday through Wednesday and 9:30 a.m. – 6 p.m. Thursday through Saturday. This is a part-time position that will require approximately 15-25 hours per week. View a PDF version of the job description, here.